Saturday 8 November 2014

Overheard in the waiting room

Remember in the last post I said I had a day off in the middle of the week? Well, I did. Mr T was off to an MRI appointment and I went with him. I sat in the waiting room while he went off to a truck in the car park to have his bones looked at.

I took a seat near the door, the second seat in the row, the first was too close to the phlebotomy room and I felt awkward, what with me not being an actual patient. A woman in her 20s walked in and stood near the door, a nurse poked her head round and told her that she should take a seat and wait till someone was free. The woman said "there's no seats, I'll just stand". I looked up from my kindle, a cursory glance around the room told me 14 seats were free.

At the far end of the room was a help desk, there was a lady sitting behind it, sorting books into boxes.

A tall man lolloped in, head down, walking towards the help desk, the laces on one of his Doc Marten shoes were undone. The lady at the desk informs him of this. He shows her a letter and she tells him which corridor to go down, ending with "when you've done that" gesturing towards his laces. She's not going to let him go until he's crouched down and tied his laces, this place doesn't have an A&E department.






No comments:

Post a Comment